The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ironic isn't it?


I want to state that even though my church has been decieved into partnering with The Willow Creek Association and the great PDL self help deception I still love my church and my pastor and all the people I have the honor of serving the Lord with every week.
Many good churches have been decieved and sucked into the lie that PDL markets with such great ability and I mourn for them. I will continue to stay in the trenches and fight for the Lord and His truth as long as He allows me.
One thing PDL and many other seeker driven churches market is Spiritual gifts/gifts testing etc..Gifts tests are a way to let people know what spiritual gifts they have so they can use them within the church.
Here is how the test in listed on our church website.

This is an exercise to help give you some insight on what your spiritual gift(s) might be. It is a combination of tests produced by First Baptist Church, Houts Inventory of Spiritual Gifts, Networking, Team Ministry, Trenton Spiritual Gifts Analysis, Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire and Wesley Spiritual Gifts Questionnaire and further modified by the pastoral staff of First Baptist Church of Modesto, California.

Here are the results of my test which I took before going to church here. I recieved a perfect score in the following three catagories

Discerning of Spirits
(1 Corinthians 12:10, 1 John 4:1, Acts 16:16-22)
The Spirit-given ability to know with assurance whether certain teaching is from God, man or demons. To be able to discern truth from the lie.

Words of Knowlege
(1 Corinthians 12:8)
The Spirit-given ability to discover, collect, analyze, organize and then share the truth that is beneficial to individual believers of the church.

Prophecy
(Romans 12:6, 1 Corinthians 12:10,14:1-3, Ephesians 4:11)
Someone with the Spirit-given ability to publicly proclaim God's truth resulting in the conviction of unbelievers and the edification of believers.

Please don't take any of this as bragging or saying Im superior to anyone because I'm not. I pulled this info directly from my test results as it read per their determination as a result of my taking the test. I have however taken this test two other times at different churches with slightly different test always coming out with the same results and gifts.

I'm just trying to use this blog and whatever influence I have within my own fellowship to warn believers and unbelievers of the dangers to come (Heb 10:25). I also want to use my gifts to Jude 22-23 "And of some have compassion, making a difference. And others save from fear,pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."
Funny how taking a gifts test results in the very warning of the system which in part produced the gift test.
Ironic isn't it?
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories