The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Good News


To many times here we bring you bad news on how many churches are becoming apostate.
There is however good news.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ presented here in a biblical solid fashion at Let Us Reason.
http://www.letusreason.org/Cult7.htm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is another good Gospel presentation. It is lengthy but it covers most everything. The only thing I would leave out is the "Salvation Prayer". I feel that if God is going to save someone that you will be so broken and repentant that you won't need a scripted prayer.
http://www.kingdomsoftware.com/Pages/NonChristianGospel.htm

I also like John MacArthur's "Stop Tract". You can order them through GTY and I believe you can link to it on your own website or blog.
http://www.gty.org/index.php?section=how_to_know_jesus_christ

Sharing the Gospel is very difficult today. It has been so watered down that you have to be clear on everything. You have to explain who Jesus is, what he did and why we need him. If you don't explain the who and what, you can have (e.g.) Mormons agreeing with you.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim--
I am really answering your comment on Slice of Laodicea in a way I hoped would be less public, but I will try this. I visited First B here in Modesto the evening of 9/11/01 because I wanted to pray & it was the only church I could find that was having a service. I was shocked by how New Age it seemed and never went there again. Have you tried Calvary Chapel? It's not perfect, of course, but Pastor Kyle's messages are absolutely Bible-centered and he is very humble. It's not a real friendly crowd there, unless you get involved in one of the smaller groups, but the music is very God- centered and devotional and the sermons are doctrinally right on. You can hear the messages at ccmodesto.com if you want to check it out first. I hope you will give it a try if you haven't yet. God Bless you.
Yvonne Knickerbocker, email at yvoknick@comcast.net

8:27 PM  
Blogger Tim Wirth said...

Thanks Yvonne: I do have some friends their at Calvery Chapel and I know Calvery Chapel has a reputation at large for good Bible teaching.
I just want to find a church that is not promoting New Age/ancient monk rituals to children (or adults). I dont expect any church to be perfect.
But I know I am not getting involved or will participate with any church that is promoting new age/ancient monk rituals to the children and trying to hide it as well.
I think Emergent and all the New Age stuff is a natural transistion for any church involved with PDL or Willow Creek sad to say.
Got to find something new to entertain the seekers with instead of just teaching the Bible.
Seekers are bored easy and even the ancient monk rituals and new age stuff wont hold them for long.
Thanks for the invite.
Peace
Tim

I'm sure we will see more of this in the future.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories