The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The new indulgences

One of the first things Martin Luther fought against was the selling of indulgences by the Catholic church.
Which the Catholic church still practices today.
You could literally pay money to sin.
I wonder if pastors in America have picked up on this?
Look at Amy Grants recent unlady like filthy carnal statements during her recent award of the Walk of Fame.
Comments made in front of her parents as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zEZ9BXQss

Here is also comments on this at Ingrids site


Here is some of Renee Russo's comments on doing nude scenes as a professing Christian
By Peter T. Chattaway

A COUPLE of actors are up on the movie screen, caught in the throes of a steamy sex scene. Just another example of the sort of godless entertainment that non-Christians churn out on a regular basis? Perhaps. But in at least two high-profile films this summer, there's been a twist: a number of the actors are, in real life, born again Christians.

Rene Russo, 45, plays an insurance investigator who falls for an art thief played by Pierce Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair. One sequence finds them en-gaged in intercourse as they make their way up a giant staircase, then again on a desk in his office. A good deal of nudity ensues.

Russo, whose previous films include Get Shorty and two Lethal Weapon movies, has been quite open about her faith while promoting the film.

"As a Christian, I didn't have a problem with taking my clothes off in this film," she told Entertainment Weekly Online. "What was hard for me was that, in my own life, I feel it's very important to know somebody on a spiritual, emotional and mental level before you have sex with him, and these characters certainly didn't."

Jack Hayford was (at least at this time) was Rene's pastor at Church on the Way in Van Nuys CA.
Rene has also been very upfront about giving 10% tithe to the church.

Beyonce, Destinys Child all are professing Christians.

Actress/Rapper Queen Latifah: I was baptized a Baptist, but I'm just Christian, as far as I'm concerned. I could go in any church, doesn't matter if it's Baptist, Protestant, Episcopal, or Catholic...I usually say the Our Father, and that's my old faithful prayer. Then I learned the prayer of Jabez, which is cool, too. Most of the time I just talk. I just thank God first for everything. And then we just talk about whatever's on my mind or whatever I'm thinking about. Sometimes I pray when I really feel like I need God to help me with something, and sometimes we just have conversations. We just kick it. God is my homeboy. Jesus is my homeboy. My mom would always crack up at me. I'm glad someone finally put it on a t-shirt, 'cause I used to say that all the time. I'm like, "Ma, Jesus is a gangsta." Think about it, when he's ready to preach, he gathered up a crew. Now, 12 dudes walking around sound like a gang to me. But it was just a gang for God, a gang for Jesus, which is all good. Of course he can relate to the poor.
So why arent pastors calling their flock out on doing the carnal things they are doing in public?
Could it be the cash.
Well I know Father Jack Hayford also has heard the sins confessed by Benny Hinn so I do not put a lot on Jack even though he is revered in many circles.
Back to the cash.
You know 10% of many of these folks is a whole heck of a lot of money.
Sometimes though pastors not speaking up can put people in deadly danger.
Rememeber Natalee Hollaway?
Where was Natalee's pastor and prayer group trying to talk Natalee out of going on a trip knowing their are clubs and drinking for 18 year old kids in Aruba?

Some quotes to think about
Quotes from Leonard Ravenhill:
The last words of Jesus to the church (in Revelation) were Repent!!

I doubt that more than two percent of professing Christians in the
United States are truly born again.

When theres something in the Bible that churches dont like,
they call it legalism.

Theres a difference between changing your opinion, and changing
your lifestyle.

How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don’t even
have the strength to turn off your TV?



Most of all folks read your Bibles.
Gods Word will save you from the deception that is already here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Smith said...

Outstanding post. It's sad that Christian TV will promote some of these "saved" celebrities as wonderful Christians. No wonder the world is confused about what a true Christian really is.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories