The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Dose Of The Ghost? Hot off The Press

When I first received this email and saw the title I thought it was about my old adversary Greg Young who used to have a radio show in California called "Dose of the Ghost".
Im amazed at how people can refer to God the Holy Spirit in such immature lack of reverent terms.
Just like the Jesus Camp film(and I will be talking about this film) which shows misguided teachers teach children to sing about Jesus who they refer to as J.C.
Do we realize that we are talking about God here?
I really dont think many of us know who God really is.
Can you see the prophet Isiah waltzing up to Gods throne and saying "Whats up bro".
But thats the attitude many have.
Here was Isiahs attitude toward God.
Isaiah 6:1-5
"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!"And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts."

Now we will sing songs about this but how many of us really show reverance for the God we say we serve?
How many of us understand that God is God and we are not.
The false teachers that stock the Word Faith movement think they are little gods, so they dont get it.
Here is what some of the Word Faith teachers have said.

Ken (buy me a new airplane) Copeland states-

On the cross," according to Copeland, "Jesus won the right for believers to be born again back into the god-class. Adam was created, not subordinate to God, but as a god; he lost it, and in Christ we are taken back to the god-class." In saying that, Copeland believes that Jesus, quote,
Won healing, He won deliverance, He won financial prosperity, mental prosperity, physical prosperity, family prosperity. He said He would meet my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus, and I am walking around and saying, "Yes, my needs are met according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Glory to God, I am coveting to the "need meter"; I am coveting to the I AM; Hallelujah! And I say this with all respect so that it don't upset you too bad, but I say it anyway; when I read in the Bible where He says "I AM" I just smile and say "Yes, I AM too!"

Benny Hinn adds,
The new creation is created after God in righteousness and true holiness. The new man is after God, like God, godlike, complete in Jesus Christ. The new creation is just like God. May I say it like this, "You are a little god on earth running around."

Paul Crouch: I have His name! I am one with Him! I'm in covenant relations. I am a little god! Critics be gone!

So sure is Crouch that Satan's lie is God's truth that in his Praise the Lord newsletter for March 1993 he stated, "If we are not 'little Gods,' we will apologize to you in front of ten thousand times ten thousand before the Crystal Sea!" If Crouch and those of like mind whom he has popularized on TBN insist upon being "little gods," they won't even be with the saints before the crystal sea. God has pronounced the doom of all who claim to be gods: quote by Dave Hunt

Thats my rant .
Here is the article filled with false teachers galore.

[Source: Dr. Michael Kear, "A Year Of Grace" Blog, Friday, March 30, 2007,
http://ayearofgrace.blogspot.com/2007/03/icbm-priliminary-report.html. "ICBM" stands for "International Charismatic Bible Ministries" (click HERE for website). "ICBM" is also the abbreviation for "Inter-Continental Ballistic Missle." Judging from this man's eyewitness account, it sounds like "another spirit" dropped a deceptive bomb on the place. Buds comments-

ICBM: A Dose of the Ghost

Well, God has a sense of humor and made me watch and actually enjoy John Hagee on Tuesday. TJ and I were seated in the same section as the bigwigs about ten feet from the stage "under the spout where the glory comes out," so when Dr. Hagee was introduced we couldn't just up and leave. But, like I said, we ended up enjoying and actually profiting from the message. We also were inspired by Dr. I.V. Hilliard on Tuesday evening.The whole conference was outstanding and accomplished exactly what we desired - to be refreshed and excited in the Lord. I came home with 15 books, a ton of magazines and stuff, two ICBM coffee mugs, and about ten extra pounds of fat. At least three ministries gave me a free book: Richard Roberts' newest book, Andrew Wommack's newest book, and one other.This year the ICBM conference was held in conjunction with the ORU student revival. Man, that was great! There were hundreds of university students who were worshiping with us. The music was outstanding. A fine time was had by all. I was very impressed by the students of ORU. They are the finest looking group of young people you'll ever lay eyes on. And they are hungry for God and refuse to be stifled in their pursuit for His manifest presence.That kind of zeal is contagious.Wednesday was the red letter day. I have ordered the DVDs of the entire conference and I can't wait until they get here so I can see all I saw on Wednesday. Crazy stuff happened. God the Ghost was manifested in some wild and unruly ways. Lots of folks got healed. The shekinah cloud was there. Visibly present. All I know for sure is that my knees knocked together and I shook for an hour after the morning service. I was barely able to speak. The minister was Guillermo Maldonado from Miami, Florida. I suppose Latin America sees wild miracles all the time. But I don't. So this was very good for me. I need to see the book of Acts in action from time to time. Richard Roberts and others continually said that this was something new, this was a new outpouring, this hadn't happened before. Well, good. I'm glad it's happening now and that I got to stand in the middle of it!Had a great lunch with Dr. Myles Munroe. He always teaches me good stuff when I listen to him. He signed my Bible, too.Met Bishop Michael Reid from the United Kingdom. He is an elder statesman in the kingdom of God. He has worked extensively for many years across Africa with T.L. Osborn and Archbishop Benson Idahosa. He ministers in dramatic healing and miracles. Very cool stuff. He's also quite the scholar and I'm looking forward to reading his books. He is the president of Peniel University in Essex, which is a branch of Oral Roberts University.Kenneth Copeland delivered the last message on Thursday. He said so much that I will need to re-watch the DVD when I get it in order to find out all that I heard. All I know is that there was a whole bunch of revelation knowledge based in the creation mandate of Genesis 1:26-28. So much, in fact, that I could not absorb it all. I'll have to watch the DVD and study this out. The Blessing. It's all about the blessing. And yes, I am blessed.The music was unbelievably good. It was provided by a variety of groups, but primarily by the ORU Worship Band and choir. I kid you not, it was the best worship band I've ever heard. (go here or here to check them out).TJ and I were privilege to sit in the VIP section throughout the conference. By the providence of God we shared a row with four African-American ladies from Cleveland. Everyone referred to our row as the row where the anointing was.By the way, I'm pretty sure that Billye Brim has a direct line to the throne of God. Who prophesies for 15 minutes in rhyming poetry?ORU president Richard Roberts said several times that the outpouring at this conference was something new. Something that had never happened before. Many years ago Benson Idahosa prophesied that there would be three great outpourings of the Holy Spirit in our generation: one in Florida, one in Canada, and one in Tulsa. Florida was fulfilled in Pensacola, Canada was fulfilled in Toronto, but Tulsa has never been fulfilled. President Roberts said he believed this could be the beginning of that revival. I pray that he is right.We saw some amazing supernatural things this week. Wednesday was like Benny Hinn on acid. I still don't know what all happen to me, let alone what happened throughout the Mabee Center. All I can say is watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories