The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weak Leadership

2 Timothy 3:13 " But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

Again as I have stated time and time again part of the problem with the church is we have spineless pastors in place running a business instead of a church.

So they look at what effects the bottom line instead of what effects the spiritual health of the flock the Lord has intrusted to them.

Gotta keep the machine THEY built rolling.
Why else would pastors look to Rick Warren instead of the Holy Spirit for inspiration in their sermons?
Why would we entertain instead of teach?
I got my hair cut yesterday and I shared with the dear soul who was cutting my hair why I left First B in Modesto.
I shared with her my concerns about a youth pastor being a follower of the Emergent church and the problem and danger that could put young children in.
The conversation turned to personnel modesty and the young lady shared with me she was part of a group of women who were taken to church from a group home called the Redwoods.
What I understand of this group is that it is a home for recovering drug addicts and other women with problems. Its a really nice outreach of this church to get this ladies to church.
I told the lady I appreciated how conservative these ladies dressed when they came to church.
She let me know they had a dress code and if they had tattoos they had to cover those, as well as dress modestly.
Thats a good thing and a lesson well taught.
But then I thought why not offer or submit a dress code to the congregation?
More than once when playing on the stage(called a platform because it sounds less carnal) I have gotten a eyeful of ladies dressing immodestly.
And Im talking about professing Christians and their daughters here folks not new believers.
I had expressed these concerns to the worship pastor I used to serve who also expressed the same struggle, and he had even went to the senior pastor about it as well.
Here is why I think nothing is done.
Now I know pastors sometimes will express that "This is not a issue that The Holy Spirit has released me to preach.
Which is odd with some many pastors being led into all truth by Rick Warren instead of the Holy Spirit.
Here is my thought and opinion though.
Drug addicts and women with struggles often don't have much money to give. Even though these ladies Im sure give more consistently than other members do in many cases.
If you tell your congregation most of all the women that they ought to cover it up in church think of the money you wont get.
And I do think its about the money and keeping butts in the seats.
These days if you tell a women in church to cover it up and dress modestly she will probably take her family, her money and go to another church where she doesn't have to hear about it.
I gotta ask you husbands and boyfriends this as well.
Why are you letting the ones you profess to love out of the house wearing tops that expose their breasts?
And why don't pastors address this topic?
Promise Keepers?
O please that organization died long ago.
Its because of weak leadership in the home and from the pulpit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories