The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Do unbelievers have more discernment than believers?

I had a great conversation with my brother in the Lord Sandy Simpson earlier this week.
The topic came up on why is it that unbelievers seem to be wiser than Christians these days.
Most unbelievers could turn on their TV's and see Benny Hinn and Robert Titon and know not to send them any money.
Yet many believers continue to make false teachers and prophets rich.
Other unbelievers turn on folks like Joel Osteen and just laugh.
Many so called believers think Joel Osteen preaches great and of course puts on a great show.
Many unbelievers have read Purpose Driven Life and know that the book is focused on me-self. And of course they like that.
Why is it that many Christian dont realize that Purpose Driven is nothing less than another good self help book thats flavored with Christianity.
The book certainly doesnt offend any non Christians thats why so many secular companies have purchased it and promote it.
Jesus and His truth offends unbelievers thats a fact.

We really need to get a clue.
It should be scary to us in the Body of Christ that the secular media exposes the false teachers in Christianity more thoroughly than the majority of so called believers.
Is it perhaps we rely to much on our own wisdom rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth.
Let me ask you .
Does your ear itch?

Is it that our own agendas lead us to make bad choices and follow false teachers.
I know I have made that mistake.
I played for a false teacher in California and remained there just because the gig was so good and I got to play with famous people.
My sin was worse of all.
I knew the teaching was false and I remained there for a time anyway because I wanted to play.
God forgive me.
My love of music overshadowed my love for the truth.
I took part in manipulating audiences (what the church calls congregations) into thinking that Gods presence was there.
When in fact it was not because God never competes for attention.
This week I am writing a couple of articles and will have a series on how music is used to manipulate in the church.
I can write on this topic because I know how to manipulate through music.
Stay Tuned
James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
And I hope those who have been manipulated by music in their church (by musicians such as myself who took part in the deception) will be healed.
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories