The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New article from Paul Proctor


I would ask my readers to keep all the discernment ministries in prayer they are under attack. And with the hate speech legislation who knows what will happen to our freedom of speech in this country.
Please keep the following in prayer (as well as any others I may not be aware of). Bud Press, Mike Oppenheimer, Sandy Simpson., Steve Muse,Steve Camp, Sarah Leslie, Ingrid and Tom Schulter, Dave and Deb Dombrowski, Ken and Donna Silva and of course Paul Proctor and me and my family as well.
It can be very discouraging because it seems (and Im sure that it is) that American Christianity as well as the world is in a major state of apostasy.
But the one person is still important.
As well as we need to remember this verse from 1 John 2:19-

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us."

There are many people who state that they are Christian who simply put are not. And we can know this from their fruits.

I went to a private screening of "Evan Almighty" yesterday but cannot comment or do a review on this until the day of the movies release.-articles to come soon.
-dont forget to study Gods Word everyday so you can hear His voice.-Tim

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

And I want to personally thank Paul Proctor for his ministry and articles.
They really make a difference.
I recently went on a 4 day cruise with my wife to the Caribbean. I also know when I need some time out.
Have a great rest Paul and catch one for me-Tim

Here is Paul's article-

GONE FISHIN'







By Paul Proctor

June 6, 2007

NewsWithViews.com

I have had a column in one form or another somewhere on the World Wide Web now for nearly ten years - the last five of which have been at NewsWithViews.com. During much of that time, I have maintained a Reader's List of those who felt compelled to write me on occasion about similar concerns we shared - mostly involving the changing church. I certainly wasn't the first to address this controversial issue - but since I began doing so back in August of 2000, there have been numerous individuals and ministries that have sprung up and joined in the effort to warn the flock.

There are some excellent websites and blogs on the Internet now that regularly address this and other related issues and I am glad they all are there - even those whose publishers and contributors I have had a few squabbles and differences with in recent months. The importance of the needed warning, not to mention the necessity of the Gospel being proclaimed, soundly dwarfs the personal and petty.

Though the field is now replete with both watchmen and wolves, the job is certainly no easier. In fact, just endeavoring to be a faithful Christian in these tempestuous times is a struggle in and of itself. And, with so many false, shallow, superficial and cunning examples of what a Christian is being celebrated and promoted far and wide, frankly, I don't know how anybody finds honest fellowship anymore with other believers without first sifting through countless charlatans and self-promoters, each with their own shtick and agenda.

As many of you know, it's also becoming increasingly difficult for news and opinion sites, not to mention columnists like myself, to send out news alerts via email to subscribers due to all of the spam software now blocking group sends. Over the last year, I have been forced to repeatedly re-send my article links to regular readers from various email addresses just to try and get them out to their intended recipients - only to have many email me later asking why they have been removed from my Reader's List. As you might imagine, it is frustrating to get this question sent to you from email addresses you continually receive "Returned Undeliverable" notices from.

For this and other reasons, I have decided to discontinue my Reader's List - at least for now. If you've been reading my column regularly, I'm sure you know where to find it. You'll just have to bookmark my archive and check in whenever you're surfing the net for news and opinion. With impending "hate speech" legislation in the hopper, unless the Lord intervenes, there may not be a lot of faithful Christian commentary published on the Internet or anywhere else much longer - at least not that which is biblically based. It is apparent that our window of opportunity to get the Truth out that Christians have enjoyed over the last decade may soon be closing.



There's also a good chance I won't be quite as regular with this column over the coming summer as I have been. At least, that is my desire. All of the stress, frustration, failures and victories from the year past have convinced me that some time off is necessary. I am reluctant to say, however, what I will or won't be writing about in the coming days because the Lord may well have plans for me I am not yet privy to.



As always, we'll just have to see where He leads.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it." - Amos 8:11-12

© 2007 Paul Proctor - All Rights Reserved

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and I thought "I" was the only one that thought todays' modern version of the christian faith was getting really strange.

After some interaction on the 'net I am seeing more and more that I do not 'fit in' with the modern version of what I am supposed to be as a professing christian.

Thanks for letting me and all the others know that we are not strange for coveting ONLY the precious gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Him and no other.

kudos and prayers.... BT

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories