The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

New Series of Articles on New Age/Roman Catholic infiltration of the church


I am starting a new series of articles on the New Age infiltration into the church.
I like to write about what God puts into my life.
I love to read and what is always the best reading to me is when a author writes about things that they experience personally.
I have recently came into contact with a practice called Lectio Divina. I had come into contact with this practice in my youth.
I will write in detail about this because its all part of contemplative prayer or centering prayer.
Its all the same thing and all this links to the Emergent church and Brian Mclaren and his lot and I have not had to deal with this before.
The danger here is very young children are being targeted. And undiscerning youth pastors are becoming agents of Satan by bringing forth unhealthy, non biblically based practices that could potentially lead children into very real danger.
These articles are to inform you.
What you do with the information is up to you.
I encourage you to tests the spirits and if I say anything unbiblical reject it.
The articles are very personal to me and I have had to leave a church I love very much because of this practice.
I have learned I am not alone in going through this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Hey Tim, I found your blog because I was doing research on the Emerging Church movement. That led me to Challies.com, which led me to your blog and Lighthousetrailsresearch.com. I became interested when my son read "A Generous Orthodoxy" and I didn't have any answers for him when he asked what I thought. Thanks to you and others that post at Challies.com and the links you leave there, I have become a very informed person on this subject, and it's connections to the whole 40 Days thing and just how really bad theology is creeping into the church. Keep up the good work!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories