The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Why the name Simply Agape?


Just a small comment on why the ministry is called The Simply Agape Project.
The name has been called into question on occassion by such folks as Richie Abanes because of my blutness and harshness.
The name The Simply Agape Project came when I first felt God's call to get free music to our troops and Allies.
We wanted the troops to know that jesus loves them and wants to save them and that we as a company and individual musicians loved them to.
Both me and my wife Donna took zero salary for our efforts because we wanted to do this SIMPLY out of LOVE (agape) for the troops.
Therefore the name The Simply Agape Project.
We released two Cd's the first titled "Heroes" the second and final Cd is titled "Somebody Brave."
Many of our troops received free CD's as Christmas presents and last year we handed out many free CD's at a Veterans Day event here in Modesto.
Some of the very best Christian musicians stepped up to be part of this project.
Most notable was Steve Camp (Campi).
Steve worked and recorded for us for absolutly free. We paid for Steves flight out to LA where we were recording and Steve stayed with his nephew.
Steve's comment to me was that he doesnt charge for ministry.
This is not to say that others were bad because they charged. Everyone played for less than scale. Most of the others played for free.
Alex Acuna, Abraham Laboriel Sr (JR was on a Steve Camp cut on Somebody Brave), Ramon Stagnaro, and Justo Almario were all part of the recording.
Plus we had some very excellent Indi Christian artists including Kelly Lynn and Karlli Bonne and the ever wonderful J.C. Mason.
Both recordings bore some great cuts and it was my first efforts as a music producer.
The job was pretty easy because I had the aid and assistance from some of the best, seasoned, most recorded players actually in music history.
I could not have did it without them and the recording was so good because of their wonderful God given talents.
Somebody Brave will be our last recording.
We will continue to get free music to the troops as God provides because both Somebody Brave and Heroes will remain in our vaults to give to the soldiers as people donate the money.
The reason for not doing anymore recordings is after my trip to Nashville last April I just don't have the heart to do this anymore. I had the opportunity to work again with some great muscians and some old friends but I saw a part of the Christian Music Industry that just makes me shudder.
I also feel that the CCM has sold out-the Dove Awards and all the goofy stuff thats done just breaks my heart.
I also don't have the heart or killer instinct to be a competative part of the Christian Music Industry. And how do you compete with something that someone does not take a salary for and gives away for free?
Its a bloody mess and I believe its under God's judgement and I want no part of it.
God has allowed me to play drums and percussion for some of the very best in Christian Music such as Darlene Zschech, Paul Baloche, and Lincoln Brewster for that Im grateful for the times of fellowship and wondereful praise and worship music I played with these folks.
But I walk away from this industry with no regrets.
The world now owns the large majority of Christian music companies and I want no part of that or to be linked with that.
I do pray for the friends and enemies I have made in the Christian music biz.
The CD's will continue to be sold here. We sell them to cover the cost of the free CD and makes more free CD's thats where the money goes.
We also hope to benifit Ken Silva's ministry as well.
We continue with the name The Simply Agape Project Ministry because what we do is still done because we love the Body of Christ.
We do this simply out of love.
I still dont take money for any of this.
I have a great tent maker job provided by God to help me and my family.
Peace
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories