The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

People are noticing


"But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd" (Mt 9:36).

To those who may think I'm a raving lunatic I'd like to share a portion of emails I get.
People who are biblically ground are noticing whats going on.
Many are getting kicked out of PDL churches for not agreeing with the Book of Warren.
But its not just happening in PDL churches but all across the board and people are retreating to their homes.
I would like to advise those who are in and starting home churches remember to keep things focused on what the Word of God teaches.
And remember to give generously to the poor and needy among you.
Here are some emails.

For example, BETTY: "If, as you say, I MUST have a body, where in my little town is that body??? I would joyfully join it. My only option is the institutional church. What do you want me to do?"And also JIM: 'There are many of us who are "loners", but not by choice. I have been to many "churches" in my area looking for the things you mention and believe me, it is not there. Talk about apostasy, it is everywhere, along with a good deal of deception to boot. I would appreciate knowing where one might find the type of church that would make up a Body as described that I could get involved with. It certainly doesn't seem to be any of the mainstream churches, and I have tried many smaller unknown ones too, and been even more disappointed....'

"There is only one thing that hasn't been mentioned in this debate of sorts, and that's the deficient "shepherds" and leaders who have been the primary reason many Christians are running away to begin with! If they would tune in with the Lord, perhaps there would be unity and the "Body of Christ" would be functioning as the New Testament COMMANDED.... I can't even find one Holy Spirit led church anywhere in my area. It's the same old saga every place you go. Man-made agendas, programs that bore you to sleep, obsession with money & growth, and who will boast the loudest this Sunday about their ministries & gifts from God?

a friend of mine states: "You can't just blame the saints in this situation. You must ask yourself WHY? Why are the saints scattering, looking for greener pastures? Because like the book of Amos said in ch. 8, "There would be a famine in the land, one of hearing the word of the Lord."

"Right now I know many, many, on hold because we are caught between a rock and a hard place.We have no sense of belonging anywhere because of the intense hypocrisy and game playing... We want so much to please the Lord, and have NO problem submitting to leadership, but where are the men of God who are supposed to LEAD THE SHEEP? I think someone needs to address them first. We are disgusted with dead shepherds & sermons. These people pleasing, non-offensive ministries are draining the life out of the saints.... Where's the Holy Spirit? Give us something to go to and be a part of... At this point, staying home is better, at least we can seek the Lord without any pretense. "Many of us have no intention of being deliberately rebellious. But who would want to sit in a dead service led by self-centered ministers who rub shoulders with others like them? If we could find a Holy Spirit motivated Pastor and flow as the New Testament church was intended to, we'd be there whenever the doors opened...We are not against assembling together as long as it's accordingto the Bible.

"If I hear one more person say, "there is no perfect church", I think I'll scream! We aren't looking for a "perfect church." We are looking to find CHRIST in the center again, and to become more CHRIST-LIKE ourselves!!!

"What are we supposed to be a part of?
Cake sales, yard sales, watered down sermons, program after boring program, lectures about giving more money and "a form of godliness denying the power thereof?" This is happening all across the USA. The sheep are going to be only as good as the shepherd who leads them... If the leaders are playing games, what do you expect the sheep to do? Some may be content to follow the crowd, but the Lord has called others to Himself for a meaningful relationship with Him, and the local churches aren't hearing the marching orders of the Lord! The Lord does have a remnant who are seriously determined to follow Christ and obey!"

"I have been "Out-of-Church" for some time now, and have been wanting to - and being led by the Lord to - have a house church in my home. Recently I found a local expression of the Body of Christ that is meeting in a home. Their entire purpose is to have a home church, and raise up the men to be leaders, so that eventually, THEIR home becomes a meeting place for a home church."While there is and are leaders, the emphasis is on each man bringing something to the meeting. Instead of just one man being the one who "brings the Word of the Lord". "Just after a few weeks after "assembling together" with this group, God had led other people to my family, and us to others, that will soon be assembling in my home. "The problem with sitting in a "traditional church"... is just that. The men just SIT. The men are to be leading, or learning to, and exercising leadership. If they just passively SIT, they are not doing what God wants them to. In my opinion, they might as well be "Out-of-Church." "God does not want MEN to SIT. He wants them to Lead. He wants them to Lead their family, and He wants them to lead others to Christ. "One big church, with one man doing the leading, does not allow other men to grow into leadership. Small groups of men, (families) afford each man the opportunity to be obedient to the Scripture:

"Remember the REASON for assembling is to EXHORT ONE ANOTHER. You go to bless them.. not to be blessed by them. This requires you to bring something to the Body of Christ. This has not changed since the time the Israelites were at the Mountain of the Lord after they came out of Egypt.


Tim,
I attend a Vineyard Christian Fellowship (non-denominational) church. My daughter and I have been attending for about 4 years and have been active in several ministries for about 3 of those years. She and I volunteer for Children's Ministry, Homeless ministry, Clothing Bank, Food Bank, Compassion Outreach, Missionary Outreach, Home Group coodination, Seminar hostessing, and Maintenance. We are well liked by those around us and have never had any problems within ministry. Until now. If you would like to post this on your blog, it would be fine with me if you do so. Maybe others are hurting from a similar situation and would benefit from it. I sure would welcome the prayers. I don't know how much information you'd want to publish. What I sent in my e-mail below is about all there is. If there are specific things that I have not mentioned that you'd like to know, I'll sure provide you with that information. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot more to tell. This "spiritual Abortion" is a sad topic. Knowing how I am being treated makes me wonder all the more how the body is being ripped apart all over this world. Thanks for writing back to me and for offering prayer. One of my 7 pastors recently did say he'd pray about what's going on. The others have not sent or voiced any compassion or concern at all.

Please help me. I am in a major dilemma at my church and would so appreciate your input. I really enjoy your blog and am hoping you might have some insights for me. I have been accused of saying something negative about our Children's ministry. I would never talk bad about ministry, especially since my daughter and I have served in Children's and many others for over 3 years and thoroughly LOVE the gift of sharing Christ's message and love with others. I am not sure how I was even linked to the "gossip" that appears to be going on, but somehow my name was added to the people who are not happy with some issue. The leaders won't even talk with me about the issue they're facing, nor will they tell me what I supposedly said or have been saying that upsets them. For the sake of peace, I have appologized to point of there is a fact that people are gossipping about stuff, and I am hurt that people don't try to resolve their issues rather than gossip about them. I have also appologized to the leader of the Children's ministry since she is very upset by what was said. I do not feel it is right to give a personal formal appologize for saying something I did not say. She has decided to punish me because I refuse to do so. As of two months ago, I was ripped from Children's ministry. Two weeks ago I was informed I have been removed from EVERY ministry within the church and was asked that I refrain from even praying with people. I am experiencing a spiritual abortion and words could never say how deeply this hurts me and troubles my spirit. Where are we when our leaders purposely find ways to punish people and hurt people because they do not do or say or act exactly as they want? What hurts the most is that they know me. I mean, they really seemed to know me. I am a woman of character and I am the first to admit if I have done something wrong. They do not care to be reminded of that. I have sent 5 e-mails to our leaders and none will respond. Neither will they talk to me when I approach them. I know the "obvious" thing to do would be to leave. I can't help but want and pray for some kind of resolution. Help me. Please. My church has been my family and we have so many friends there. It's been 2 months and there appears to be no hope. Please help me. Lynne marie

The last email is very typical since senior pastors and leadership are often very busy running their business they are often not accessible.
Now I do understand that a pastors cant talk to 5000 people everyday but I also believe that people pastors have around them often screen what gets to the pastors ear and what doesn't.
Did Jesus do that?
And what happened when Jesus was tired and the Apostles tried to screen him from some kids?
Im still not sure why they are so busy though in large churches since when did it become the fact that its not about the flock anymore but rather its about running the business of running the flock.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to those who are being treated this way. This "spiritual abortion" seems to be happening all over our nation, and we, as the body of Christ need to do something about it. God never meant for His children to be shunned, ripped from His body and thrown away like trash. We are FAMILY we are the CHURCH. It is not about a building or a doctrine or any kind of man-made thing. It is about unity in the body of Christ - a functioning body of believers who should be working together for the good of His kingdom. Assumption, rumors, gossip... they are not what we are about. We are about love and grace and fellowship. Our hearts, especially those of our leaders, should be focused on the strength and unity of people. Not on tearing others down or finding ways of punishing them. I know for a fact that many churches are suffering from this kind of abuse. The main thing I think we need to focus on is prayer. We ALL fall short but it is when we come together and pray for those around us that we all can find a way to stand tall. Even our leaders can fail sometimes. It is not wrong to have guidelines and perhpaps even to enforce them to a degree. It is wrong, however, to misuse the power, especially when it destroys the faith and mission of another person's heart. Pray for your leaders, that truth and grace will guide their rules rather than having rules guide their grace. I will be in prayer for all of you who are going through a situation similar to that of this precious sister. May God's glory shine through.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Tim Wirth said...

I usually will not let a anonymous comment get posted per the rules of this blog.
The rule was set up because I was getting some comments with bad language from Emergent youth and just plain goofy posts not worth posting.
However I let this fly, this one time because I believe it will encourage believers who have been kicked out of church.
Plus I know some pastors and leadership of churches monitor this blog site and because of the very topic here some leaders may choose to retaliate.
Face it church staff who are paid by the church is not allowed (in most cases) to openly critisize the church they go to.
Or even complain to the leadership.
They would be fired and loose their pay check.
I think with the upcoming and current apostasy this is a very dangerous place to be in.
Anyway please leave initials or somekind of cute blog tag when commenting.
Peace
Tim

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories