The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Monday, December 04, 2006

Top ten signs a pastor has gone awry

This was another email reply to Shelley from my brother in the Lord-Scott McIntyre

Top ten signs of a pastor going awry? I'm not sure I can come up with 10,
>but let's see...
>
>1. Sudden Passion: Not wrong in itself, but sudden passion is often an
>impetus to #2.
>
>2. "What can we do to make this thing work" which always seems to start
>with the flesh.
>
>3. What books is the pastor reading?
>
>4. What conferences is he attending?
>
>5. Who is influencing him?
>
>6. Sudden change of elders...people he knows will support his new endeavor.
>
>7. Accomodations in the worship service in regard to special or target
>demographics.
>
>8. Change in Bible versions from (KJV, NKJV, NASB, and perhaps, gasp, NIV)
>to all the ones Rick Warren uses.
>
>9. Bible studies become 'small groups'.
>
>10. You can no longer find a true Bible study...only book studies.
>
>11. Sermon content becomes less of teaching the Bible, and more of
>convincing the congregation of something.
>
>Okay...so that's 11.
>
>In His grace,
>
>Scott MacIntyre
>Woodandsteel.net



I want to add to this that when I look for a new church the first thing I do is schedule a meeting with the pastor and ask him some very stright up question.
1. Have you been through 40 days of Purpose.?
Now just because they have been through this program doesnt mean I would not go there. But I will ask are they currently using Rick Warren materials. If they are and I cant persuade them to rethink their position I will move on.

2. Do you use materials from Willow Creek?
Im suprised but many dont see a problem with paying the 200.00 plus a year in order to have access to Willow Creek materials. Even if they dont particulary care for Hybels.
A little leaven. If I cant persuade them to stop using Willow Creek materials I move on.

3.I look at their junior high, youth and young adults program if there is even a hint of using contemplative anything I will not only move on but expose them on this blog.
I did that with First Baptist Church in Modesto Ca. Who not only still promotes contemplative but lied to me about it as well as hid the subject from their congregation.
The senior pastor was not even aware that they were practicing Lectio Divina but after I exposed the practice they just changed the name of the practice and continue this new age practice even now.
This is from there junior high website its called Deeper Focus-
"These are nights of deeper worship and prayer that will help students develop their relationship with God by exploring various spiritual disciplines and ways of interacting with God. It will have interactive prayer stations and other participatory elements.

This kind of new age , occult practice is all over the place called a variety of names. Really watch the programs for the youth.

4.I will attend a service and see if their worship is a show. Half praise songs leading into slow worship songs.
This is the way the world does rock concerts. The world did it first. If the church imitates that I will not worship there.

5. I will question a pastor about any books he has in his library. Now some books are used for referance so he can warn his flock about false teachers and teachings etc.. But if they are used to lead the congregation in any kind of false teaching Im out of there.

6. I check to see if the churches finances are open to the congregation so they can see where the money is being spent. If there is nothing to hide nothing will be hidden.

7. If the pastor is not open to me on any of the above or will not answer my questions Im out of there as well.

Thats my list-
Blessings
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories