The No Goofy Zone Discernment Ministry

The No Goofy Zone is a discernment ministry for saved born again Christians and all who are seeking the truth.We expose non-biblical trends in the church. We are making material available to advance understanding of issue's which endanger Christianity. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Piqua, Ohio, United States

Former drummer for Gary Lewis and The Playboys and The Coasters. Tim has also played with Paul Baloche, Lincoln Brewster, Darlene Zscech and Hillsongs, Jeff Fenholt, SteveCamp among others. Tim founded The Simply Agape Project in 2001 to get free Christian music to the troops. Recordings have been made with Tim, and friends Alex Acuna, Abe Laboriel SR, Justo Almario,Steve Camp , Jared Ming and some wonderful Independant Christian artists.The Somebody Brave CD also features words of encouragment to the soldiers from Pastors, Moms, Dads, and Lt Col Brian Birdwell a Pentegon 9/11 survivor Tim is married to Donna Wirth and has four children Alan 25,Steven 23, Brittany 22, Bethany 21. Tim has played in numerous churchs as well as shows on TBN. Tim has also performed on JCTV on the show Generation Worship featuring worship leader Jared Ming. Tim has a book published worldwide titled "Pass The Plate And Let Us Prey" (My Search For Black and White Christianity in a Gray Nation)

Friday, June 28, 2013

Not The Kind Of Fire You Would Want

You Probably dont want the kind of FIRE advertised by folks like Dan Bohi and various FIRE schools.
Dont take my word for it lets just explore the fire the above folks are talking about giving you in a biblical context from scripture
A verse commonly taken out of context


Matthew 3:11-12

New King James Version (NKJV)



11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.[a] 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Also Luke 3:16-17



Luke 3:16-17

New King James Version (NKJV)



16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”



And yes I get it that the Holy Spirit appeared like tongues of fire over the heads of believers at Pentecost. But lets examine these verses and there context.



John the Baptist states He (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

John does not state Holy Spirit fire. But seperates the two Holy Spirit and fire.

We need to look at the next verse to see the context which John was speaking in.

He states Jesus will gather His wheat into the barn (saved people) but He (Jesus) will burn up the chaff (unsaved people not sin in this context but unrepentant sinners) He with unquenchable fire (the fires of hell). You for sure do not want this type of fire.

How does Jesus describle the Holy Spirit look at John 14

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.



18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.



19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.



20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.



21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.



22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?



23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.



24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.



25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.



26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.



Then in John 16 Jesus shows the work of the Holy Spirit



The Work of the Holy Spirit

5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.



12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.[c]



Again not any fire in Jesus's description of the Holy Spirit

Probably a good reason to stay away from FIRE school
The fire they are advertising refers more to what Smith Wiggleworth taught and here is a seperate article refuting Wigglesworth unscriptural take on fire.

http://www.bereanresearchinstitute.com/03_Doctrines/D.0005_01_Wigglesworth_1_of_6_Pentecostal_Baptism_of_Fire.html

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories